Road trip

It was the summer before college. my friend Joseph called me and told me that he got two tickets to a festival and he would like for me to come with him. I thought, hey why not its free concert I’m totally down. I brought up the idea of the trip with my parents but they were very adamant that I shouldn’t go because they thought I would get into trouble. I was already in trouble for something that happened a few weeks before. However, I was determined to go down to LA. I told my parents that I was going to stay over my girlfriend’ place for the weekend. At this point I was actually having some second thoughts. However, my girlfriend convinced me that I should go because it would be a fun trip with my best friend before I leave for college. we left Friday at around 8. It was around 1 or 2 in the morning we arrived. We crashed at our friend Demi’ apartment down in Hollywood. I woke up the next morning and Demi showed us around the city. We walked down a couple blocks to my car that was parked overnight at In N Out. When got to it a worker warned us if we didn’t move it we would receive a ticket. Right after lunch, we zipped through traffic trying to arrive there on time. We got caught into bad traffic and literally stuck for hours with little progress. joseph driving and he just he drove on the side lane of and we did not go caught and we made time. relatively quickly. When we got to our destination we were a little late. We decided to set up our tent after the concert, and have fun now. Our favorite artists were playing and visited each stage and helped ourselves to the shaved ice and the attractions. However we got back we had trouble putting up the tent. It was like trying to build a house of cards with wind and freezing hands. At this point demi had fallen asleep in the car. Fortunately for us our neighbors offered to help and we eventually got the tent set up. The next morning, I woke up sore and very cold. It was so miserable. There was no pillows, and one blanket. I could feel the condensation that creeped inside the tent. The tent was also collapsed. We realized were not well prepared for the trip. All we had to eat was barbecue lays potato chips and Gatorade. Food was outrageously expensive and we had a fun trip. We were extremely famished and literally I think i lost at least 10 pounds. I woke up and realized that my parents had called me 4 times. They were worried because it was almost night time. I had overslept and me and joseph literally sped our way back. We were literally going like 90 on the highway. On the way we made a wrong turn and attempted a u turn. Joseph attempted to do a u turn while doing 60 and we literally drifted out. We had spun off the road and there was a basketball sized dent on the car. We got back so late it was probably midnight and I woke up the next morning and my parents knew that I had lied to them. They had seen the car and saw that I nearly emptied out all my savings. Although it was a fun trip I felt I should have been more honest with my parents.